Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sombre & solemn words of some facing death...


TOKYO - Hirotsugu Kawaguchi, a 52 year old Japanese father of three, wrote several notes to his children aboard a Japan Air Lines flight 123, a few moments before his Boeing 747 crashed, killing 520 people. The notes were addressed to his son, Tsuyoshi, 21 years old and his two daughters Chiyoko, 17 and Mariko, 24 years old.

"Be good to each other and work hard, Help your mother.I'm very sad but I’m sure I won’t make it.

It’s been 5 minutes now.I don’t want to take any more planes.To think that our dinner last night was the last time.There was smoke that seemed to come from an explosion in the cabin
and we began making a descent.
Tsuyoshi I am counting on you.

Mother-- to think something like this would happen.
It’s too bad. Goodbye. Its 6:30 now
The plane is rolling around and descending rapidly.
I am grateful for the truly happy life I have enjoyed until now."

"PLEASE LORD HELP ME"

Dr. William Hunter

Dr. William Hunter
"If I had strength to hold a pen I would write down how easy and pleasant a thing it is to die"
Stonewall Jackson

Stonewall Jackson
"Let us pass over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"

Isaac Newton, Christian Scientist

Isaac Newton
"I don't know what I may seem to the world.But as to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore and diverting myself now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than the ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

Leonardo da Vinci:Italian inventor and artist, died in 1519

Leonardo da Vinci
"I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have"

Nurse Cavell

Nurse Cavell
Before facing a German firing squad in 1915,"Patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone."

Henry Ward Beecher:
"Now comes the mystery."

Thomas Edison, American inventor

Thomas Edison
"It is very beautiful over there."

Goethe, German Poet:
"Light, More light!"

John Newton

John Newton
Originally a slaver, he had a dramatic mid-ocean change of heart that led him to turn his slave ship around and take the people back to their homeland. He became a Presbyterian minister and preached against the slave-trade, inspiring William Wilberforce who brought about the abolition of slavery in Britain and its colonies. He is most famous for having authored the words to the hymn "Amazing Grace".
As he neared his end, exclaimed, "I am still in the land of the dying; I shall be in the land of the living soon."

A Chinese Communist

A Chinese Communist,
who delivered many Christians to their execution, came to a pastor and said:
"I’ve seen many of you die. The Christians die differently. What is their secret?"

What will you say, as you near death?
What is your perspective towards life?
What do you need to do before you die?

No comments:

Post a Comment